Friday 15 June 2012

Spotlight on Joshua Devenish



Joshua Devenish 
The natural environment and the use of natural found wood is the main driving force behind my work. Using materials such as bark, bog oak and rotten branches to create something beautiful to be appreciated instead of overlooked. I aim to make people look deeper into nature and see it for what it really is, looking beyond the surface to discover
how exiting even the most mundane of materials can be. My work shows the relationship between man and nature, how nature is changed over time through a series of interventions both natural and man made. Revealing the unseen I hope to understand this history of interventions to then add my own, using geometric shapes and order amongst the natural forms. Resembling mans influence on the
environment to create a simplistic style that abstracts and enhances the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment