Friday 15 June 2012

Spotlight on Anne Blades


Anne Blades

My main interest is in nature and in particular trees; they are the major influence and starting point of my work. I want to capture the invisible essence of trees, the spirit. To achieve this I have been working with the grain of the wood, as this, along with all its knots tells part of the life story of each individual tree. I have burnt into the wood and then sandblasted the black back, which emphasises the colours. In some cases I have burnt right through the wood to allow a sense of what is going on below the surface.

2 comments:

  1. I love your wood work Anna Blair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Blades was only 20 years old when she began teaching at the schoolhouse near Mile 18, British Columbia. wilkinson sword blades for men

    ReplyDelete